|Congressional Democrats are Refusing to Work with President Trump
· Instead of focusing on issues that impact all communities, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Congressional Democrats are obsessed with investigating President Trump.
· Democrats didn’t like the outcome of the Mueller Report which is why they are continuing to search for a crime.
· Democrats want to impeach and investigate President Trump because they don’t have any other message heading into 2020.
· Their resist and obstruct tactics are derailing meaningful legislative work like immigration and infrastructure reform.
· President Trump will be ready and willing to work with Democrats when they decide to end their investigation obsession.
· Despite this unprecedented obstruction, the President and his administration are continuing to achieve record economic success and meaningful results for the American people.
President Trump is Committed to Securing the Border
· President Trump’s new immigration plan modernizes our system and secures the border. This is something we haven’t seen in decades. As President Trump highlighted, his plan achieves two main goals:
o Secures and modernizes our infrastructure at the border and stops illegal immigration.
o Establishes a legal merit-based immigration system that protects wages and promotes American values.
· The President’s plan has received widespread support and many Democrats have previously supported similar proposals.
· We must address the crisis at our border.
· Recent data from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) highlight the crisis.
o In April 109,144 illegal migrants arrived at the southwest border. This is a 5% increase from March.
o In April, nearly 3,300 illegal migrants were apprehended daily by CBP agents.
o Most of this surge in migrants are comprised of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) and family units.
o This past month, CBP saw a 590% increase in total enforcement actions compared to April of FY17.
o We are still on track to reach 1 million border apprehensions this fiscal year.
· Our border agents are facing an overwhelming surge of migrants at the southern border and we are reaching a breaking point.
o Texas border agents say 5,500 migrants are illegally entering the U.S. on a daily basis.
o In Arizona, more than 1,500 migrants were detained over a 3 day period.
o In Laredo, Texas over 100 migrants were discovered inside a trailer by CBP.
· It’s good news that President Trump is leading on fixing our broken immigration system and securing the border. It’s past time Congress works with him
· America’s Farmers, manufacturers, and ranchers are desperately awaiting Nancy Pelosi to bring the USMCA to the House Floor for a vote.
· It’s past time Democrats work with Congressional Republicans to pass the USMCA.
o Nancy Pelosi knows she is in a tough spot on this issue with her divided Democrat caucus. Many Democrats have long called for NAFTA to be revamped.
o Joe Biden supported NAFTA – a stance that is bound to haunt him on the campaign trail.
· If ratified, the USMCA would bring our trade relationship with Canada and Mexico into the 21st century and raise wages for many hardworking Americans.
· With the USMCA trade agreement between the U.S., Canada and Mexico, the U.S. is on the way for greater economic prosperity:
o $34 billion in new automotive manufacturing investments in the U.S.
o $23 billion in new annual purchases of U.S.-made automotive parts.
o 76,000 jobs in the U.S. automotive sector.
o An additional $68.2 billion pumped into the U.S. economy.
o 176,000 total new jobs.
o Increased GDP and employment growth.
o Increased U.S. exports to Canada and Mexico.
· If Nancy Pelosi would bring the USMCA to the House floor, it would pass with bipartisan support.
U.S. – China Trade Negotiations
· President Trump continues to stand firm on efforts to hold China accountable for rampant cheating.
o For far too long China has repeatedly threatened U.S. economic and national security interests.
o The President has a good relationship with President Xi and will continue trade negotiations at the upcoming G-20 summit.
o It’s important that the deal with China is the right deal for American workers.
· While China is feeling the heat from the tariffs the U.S. economy is reaching new heights. Because our economy is strong, we are in a better negotiating position than China.
o Since President Trump was elected, more than 6 million new jobs have been created.
o Wage growth increased by 3.2%, the 9th straight month in which growth topped 3%.
o In April, the unemployment rate dropped to 3.6% – the lowest since 1969.
o First quarter GDP of 2019 was 3.2%, the best first quarter in the last four years.
o Even with the tariffs going into effect, our economy has remained strong.
· Some money coming from the tariffs will be redirected to help our farmers.
· It’s past time Democrats work with Congressional Republicans to pass the United States – Mexico – Canada Agreement (USMCA).
o President Trump announced that an agreement with Canada and Mexico had been reached to lift the steel and aluminum tariffs.
o This major announcement should expedite the ratification of the USMCA.
o If ratified, the USMCA would bring our trade relationship with Canada and Mexico into the 21st century and would better serve our farmers and workers by raising wages.
o If Nancy Pelosi would bring the USMCA to the House floor, it would pass with bipartisan support.
2020 Dems Embrace Abortion Up Until The Moment Of Birth
· 2020 Democrats are making it clear that the days of a “safe, legal and rare” party position on abortion are long gone.
· Instead, 2020 Dems are pushing a platform of abortion on demand all the way up until the moment a baby is born.
· Bernie Sanders refused to support ANY restrictions on abortions, including on the basis of sex-selection.
· Beto O’Rourke said he supports abortions even in the 3rd trimester and refused to endorse a law that would compel doctors to treat babies that survive abortions.
· Kirsten Gillibrand wants to use taxpayer dollars to pay for late-term abortions.
· Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren both endorse late-term abortion.
· Pete Buttigieg refused to say that there should be “any limit on a woman’s right to have an abortion” on his Fox News town hall last night.
· Amy Klobuchar claimed she didn’t know about Ralph Northam’s comments on late-term abortions and refused to say whether she opposed late-term abortions.
· Montana Gov. Steve Bullock vetoed anti-infanticide legislation.
· Joe Biden flip-flopped and now he supports using taxpayer dollars for abortion.
2020 Democrats Move Further to the Left
· Voters are continuing to hear a list of costly and extreme proposals from the growing field of 2020 Democrats. Some of the out of touch proposals that have been floated:
· Bernie Sanders, the current Democrat frontrunner, said he would allow convicted terrorists, sex offenders, and murderers to vote from prison. This includes the Boston Marathon bomber.
o When asked, Kamala Harris said, “we should have that conversation” about allowing the Boston Marathon bomber to vote from prison.
o All 2020 Democrats should be asked about Bernie’s claim that convicted terrorists, sex offenders, and murders should be able to vote from prison.
· Elizabeth Warren’s latest costly proposal is to offer a whopping $50,000 in student loan forgiveness for nearly everyone. It’s estimated this proposal will cost taxpayers $640 billion.
· Many 2020 Democrats back the nearly $32 trillion government-run health care system that would abolish private health insurance and rip close to 200 million people off their plans.
· 2020 Democrats remain in complete denial of the crisis at the border. Many have supported open borders, abolishing ICE, and even tearing down existing border walls.
· As Sanders’ continues to set the bar for how extreme the Democratic primary field will go, 2020 contenders move farther away from American families.
· 2020 Democrats are quick to champion the $93 trillion Green New Deal on the campaign trail, but are even quicker to shrug off the sky-rocketing price-tag estimated to cost $600,000 per household.
· Pete Buttigieg hasn’t been properly vetted by the American people yet, but we already know he’s fully embracing the 2020 Democrat platform of infanticide, government-run healthcare, abolishing the Electoral College, and court packing. The more voters learn about Buttigieg, the more they’ll realize he’s just another out-of-touch Democrat fixated on smearing President Trump while embracing socialist policies.
· Joe Biden recently said the United States had an “obligation” to give health care to those in our country – “regardless of whether they’re documented or undocumented.”