From the Colorado State GOP – We Support President Trump’s Tax Reform Plan
Thursday in Washington, Congressional Republicans passed the 2018 budget, which forecasts the largest tax cuts in US history.
Later that evening in Denver, Vice President Mike Pence brimmed with optimism to a ballroom full of Colorado Republicans: “I’m going to make a prediction tonight: We’re going to pass the largest tax cut in American history, and we’re going to pass it this year!”
Once passed, tax reform will be yet another bullet point on President Trump’s list of promises kept.
American citizens and businesses have been strapped with a growing number of taxes over the last thirty years. The burden has slowed wages and growth. President Trump’s tax reform will cut away the anchors and unleash the American Dream once again.
Trump’s tax reform strengthens Americans. Although the details remain to be negotiated, the general framework is designed to work a middle-class miracle.
Keep more earnings with lower income families by doubling the standard deduction.
Improve quality of family life by expanding child tax credits.
Adjust tax brackets to provide relief for the middle class.
Provide for bigger paychecks to existing employees and facilitate the creation of new jobs by reducing business taxes.
Tax reform will breathe new life into the American family and the American economy.
Another Promise Kept
Tax reform will be yet another tremendous accomplishment realized in the short time since President Trump’s inauguration, when Abraham Lincoln’s promise, that “government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth,” echoed from Trump’s pulpit:
“…to all Americans, in every city near and far, small and large, from mountain to mountain, from ocean to ocean, hear these words. You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes, and your dreams will define our American destiny.”
Since that inspirational speech on the White House steps, Trump has delivered:
– National safety. ISIS is on the ropes. Raqqa has fallen.
– Border security. Illegal immigration is significantly down, as much as 80% in some border towns.
– Less red tape. Business regulations have been drastically cut. Businesses are more competitive under new freedom, unafraid to follow their dreams.
– More sensible judiciary. The appointment of Justice Gorsuch, a strong conservative, has changed the Supreme Court for the better.
– Commitment to rebuilding the military. The most powerful military the world has ever seen is rising up again.
– Record stock market. Stock values have risen rapidly, reflecting market confidence.
– Jobs. Unemployment is the lowest it’s been in 17 years.
– Patriotism. The culture is reacting strongly against displays of disrespect for our national symbols.
Along with these changes comes the tremendous rise in optimism that President Trump has spearheaded.
Look around. People are happy. People are excited. Seldom has there been a president with Trump’s ability to speak directly to the hearts of voters. Seldom has a president made such an impact with his words.
Fortunately for our nation, President Trump is making an impact with his promises as well.
America is back.