See this information about the ELECTORAL COLLEGE. Too many folks just don’t understand it!
In the daily clutter of news events, biased media, and censored free speech, it is sometimes difficult to learn important facts that put events in perspective and lead to a stronger America. The resources listed below are well researched and footnoted.
1. Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How Foreign Governments and Businesses Made Bill and Hillary Rich based on the book by Peter Schweizer.
Free documentary about the Clinton Foundation and other sources of the Clintons’ immense financial fortune. Watch it online with this link.
2. Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democrat Party by Dinesh D’Souza
Book, movie, and soon (in mid-October) a DVD
http://www.dineshdsouza.com/movies/hillarys-america/Hillary’s America is an eye-opening, well-researched and extensively footnoted book/film that details the history of the Democrat Party from its pro-slavery past and Ku Klux Klan leadership to its current efforts to ensure the minority vote. It highlights documented government corruption, including multiple controversies that continue to surround both Bill and Hillary Clinton. For information about this New York Times best-selling author, visit http://www.dineshdsouza.com/about/.
3. The Silencing: How the Left is Silencing Free Speech by Kirsten Powers
From the inside flap:
Free speech and freedom of conscience have long been core American values. Yet a growing intolerance from the left side of the political spectrum is threatening Americans’ ability to freely express beliefs without fear of retaliation. USA Today columnist and Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers calls it “The Silencing.”
Powers chronicles this forced march toward conformity in an exposé of the illiberal tactics deployed to shut down debate on some of the most important issues of the day. While preaching tolerance and claiming to hold liberal values, the “illiberal left” works to delegitimize political and ideological opponents in ways that stifle freedom of expression, thought, and religious belief.
In The Silencing, Kirsten Powers, herself a proud liberal–but from a far more tolerant Jeffersonian tradition–exposes the illiberal left. You’ll learn:
• Why the illiberal left has become an Orwellian “big brother,” policing what it deems acceptable speech and opinions
• How the illiberal left is obsessed with delegitimizing Fox News
• How illiberal left pundits–even self-proclaimed “feminists” (and Powers names names)–engage in outrageously misogynistic and sexist dismissals of their female opponents
• How illiberal colleges and universities limit freedom of expression to tightly regulated “free speech zones” and ban speakers (even liberals) with whom the illiberal left disagrees
• How “truth” matters little to the illiberal left, for whom ideology is everything
• How is it that liberalism, once associated with open-mindedness and reason, has become a vehicle for irrational prejudice, ideological conformity, and the marginalization and punishment of alternative opinions? Kirsten Powers chronicles this troubling trend in perhaps the most important–and chilling–political book of the year.
4. Exceptional: Why the World Needs a Powerful America by Dick and Liz Cheney
Book review on Amazon:
Former vice president Dick Cheney, a #1 New York Times bestselling author, and his daughter Liz Cheney, former deputy assistant secretary of state, explain the unique and indispensable nature of American power, reveal the damage done by President Obama’s abandonment of this principle, and show how America can and must lead again.
Since World War II, American power and leadership have been an unmatched force for the defense of freedom around the globe. For seventy years, presidents both Republican and Democratic have shared a dedication to maintaining American power and leadership. President Obama has abandoned this bipartisan tradition, choosing instead to “lead from behind” as he abandons America’s allies, appeases our enemies, and apologizes for this great nation.
When the former vice president spoke out on the topic last year, the Wall Street Journal declared, “Dick Cheney is still right,” and the Washington Post lauded his comments, adding that “unless we have a president who understands that proactive, early action and a robust military force are essential to national security, we will forever be racing to catch up to our enemies.”
Now the former vice president and his daughter, former deputy assistant secretary of state Liz Cheney, team up to explain how President Obama has drastically broken with the bipartisan foreign policy consensus that enabled America to prevail in World War II, to win the Cold War, and to triumph in the first decade of the War on Terror. The Cheneys reveal the damage done by President Obama’s policies and demonstrate how his unwillingness to defend and protect American power has weakened the nation and diminished the ability of future presidents to defend us.
Finally, the Cheneys do what no one before them has done: chart a path forward to restoring American power and strength, explaining what must be done to reverse course, to fight and win the war on terror, to rebuild our military and reassure our allies that they can once again rely on American leadership. A critical, frank, and much-needed touchstone, Exceptional should stand as a guiding principle for the potential presidential candidates in 2016—and for policymakers today and beyond.